Education- Master's of Science in Education, Special Education with Concentrations in Mild/Moderate & Reading and Literacy, Oklahoma State University (2015)
- Bachelor's of Science, Speech Pathology, Oklahoma State University (2013)
- High School Diploma, Booker T. Washington High School, Tulsa, Oklahoma (2009)
ExperienceI am a licensed K-12 Special Education and Math teacher in the Tulsa area. I teach Math, Science, and Geography/World Cultures in a public middle school (6th and 7th grade) in a self-contained special education classroom.
I have done early intervention with Pre-kindergarten students and late elementary-aged students (4th - 6th grade) and worked with both students with disabilities and students without disabilities. My intervention background is speech-language, writing and reading, and ESL.
AP Spanish: 4
AP English Literature: 5
AP English Language Score: 5
ACT Score Overall: 32 - 36 English, 36 Reading Comprehension, and 11 in Writing
My philosophy on education is that as teachers and tutors, our job is to meet our students where they learn. Physically, like at a quiet library, but also mentally, like through their individual interests. This is how we teach students who "hate math" or who are "bad at math" that math can be anything - even measuring beetles; it's how we teach students who believe they are "bad at writing" that writing is fun when you're practicing by writing about something you care about. I bring this type of learning to my teaching and tutoring.
Learning should be growth, not a grind.
Hobbies- I enjoy backpacking, camping, and generally being outdoors.
- I am an avid reader. My students challenged me to read a book a week, and then they quiz me on it. So far, so good.
- I like doing crafts and working with my hands. I paint and do ceramics.
- I enjoy animals and volunteer at the ASPCA on weekends when I have time.
- Sometimes students like to know I like (or know what) Minecraft is. I taught an entire unit of Minecraft Math after realizing I had no idea what it was. So I can thank my students for this interest!
- I enjoy putting together puzzles or solving puzzles as well. My class always has a class puzzle they work on during brain breaks. Even I don't know what it is usually - which is the best part of puzzles! Figuring it out! :)
AP English Literature and Composition, ESL/ELL, Essay Editing, ADD, 7th Grade Writing, 9th Grade Reading, 7th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Writing, 6th Grade Writing, 6th Grade Reading, Kindergarten - 8th Grade, 2nd Grade math, AP English Language and Composition, Geometry, Geography, 7th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 4th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 1st Grade math, 5th Grade Reading, 3rd Grade Writing, ADHD, Reading, 10th Grade Reading, 12th Grade Reading, 10th Grade Writing, Middle School Math, ACT Reading, Elementary Math, 11th Grade Writing, Study Skills And Organization, Dyslexia, 4th Grade Writing, 4th Grade Reading, 3rd Grade Reading, 2nd Grade Writing, 1st Grade Writing, 11th Grade Reading, 1st Grade Reading, Special Education, Spanish, 12th Grade Writing
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.